The government should invest more money in teaching science than in other subjects for a country development and progress. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In
this
fast-paced modern world, a lot of authorities are thinking to give preference to their desired subject.
Although
traditional sects are preferring science approaches, the dominance of arts and technical spheres can not be overlooked. In
this
frame of reference, I am strongly disagree with the statement and considering it less practical and irrational. The
first
perspective which pushes me to stay firm with my notion is the less contribution of science subjects to the country's economy. As a matter of fact, science is only contributing 10% of money generation the other 90% of revenue comes from other arts and technical fields. In
this
contemporary epoch, computer and IT are the most demanding and appealing ways of raising the country's revenue. Take an instance of, France which is particularly famous for its art subjects
such
as history and psychology, and
also
becomes one of the leading economies in the world eventually. Another aspect is the element of a confined and limited approach. To illustrate it, if one nation merely relies on a particular aspect and considers it most essential for development, resultingly, the other fields will go down and their streak of progress will fluctuate.
Furthermore
, that nation can't make a balance between the people of all spheres of life. To conclude, my ideas in favour of a balanced approach are subjectively valid and practical to raising income,
instead
of blindly or conventionally advocating scientific spheres, there should be work on other facets of life, as well as one's should think about the contemporary world's new dimensions and its requirements to trigger economy.
Submitted by ranafarhanjaved on

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Writing9 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Quick and easy way to check your IELTS writing task 1&2
After you write your essay, you will be provided with tips with examples of how to make your essay better in order to get a score above 7.

Fully explain your ideas

To get an excellent score in the IELTS Task 2 writing section, one of the easiest and most effective tips is structuring your writing in the most solid format. A great argument essay structure may be divided to four paragraphs, in which comprises of four sentences (excluding the conclusion paragraph, which comprises of three sentences).

For we to consider an essay structure a great one, it should be looking like this:

  • Paragraph 1 - Introduction
    • Sentence 1 - Background statement
    • Sentence 2 - Detailed background statement
    • Sentence 3 - Thesis
    • Sentence 4 - Outline sentence
  • Paragraph 2 - First supporting paragraph
    • Sentence 1 - Topic sentence
    • Sentence 2 - Example
    • Sentence 3 - Discussion
    • Sentence 4 - Conclusion
  • Paragraph 3 - Second supporting paragraph
    • Sentence 1 - Topic sentence
    • Sentence 2 - Example
    • Sentence 3 - Discussion
    • Sentence 4 - Conclusion
  • Paragraph 4 - Conclusion
    • Sentence 1 - Summary
    • Sentence 2 - Restatement of thesis
    • Sentence 3 - Prediction or recommendation

Our recommended essay structure above comprises of fifteen (15) sentences, which will make your essay approximately 250 to 275 words.

Read more in the eBook

The Ultimate Guide to Get a Target Band Score of 7+ »

* free ebook for Premium users

What to do next:
Look at other essays:
Quick and easy way to check your IELTS writing task 1&2
Writing9 scans your text for all types of mistakes, from typos to sentence structure problems and beyond.