IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 6

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
It has been observed of late the fitness levels of people are deteriorating and several people across the globe are dealing with various health issues due to selecting to leading an unhealthy life. The trend of choosing to live in an unhealthy way which is mainly due to laziness and even reckless eating habits whenever hungry. However, there is a range of measures that could be implemented to resolve this issue.
The three diagrams above imply that music media develop continually. At a glance, we see some of music media were widely-used for a tiny period and became far less popular or diminished in the end such as Compact Disks, Vinyl Records and especially Cassettes.
An increasing number of people are facing various health related problems due to obesity problem. This is because of unhealthy eating habits and adaption of sedentary lifestyle, however, this problem can be lowered by some efforts taken by the government by spreading awareness of the healthy lifestyle and individuals by involving themselves into physical activities.
Nowadays, most people are living in an open economy, so it is quite common for both parents in a family to work because they need two salaries to survive, whereas other times it is their choice, the only problem in this situation is lack of care from parents in the childhood may affect the children when they grown up, hence, this may lead to many society problems.
In recent years, the number of addicted youngsters has raised constantly. This essay will expose some motives for this and try to give some possible solutions.
Nowadays, there is an increase in the number of people travelling to different locations for leisure activities. Travelling facilitates to learn different culture and traditions of the location travelled. I too believe that travelling can benefit the traveller by visiting the location.
Some children are being pressurized nowadays by their parents to achieve heights in a particular discipline. This phenomenon is due to the belief of secure future and an urge to fulfil their aspirations. This is undeniably a deleterious approach.
It is apparent that people nowadays prefer to shop from the larger retail entities like malls which in turn has resulted in shutting down of local businesses, which do not have the resources to compete with such corporate giants. It is my opinion that such change may be suitable for the consumers early on but it eliminates the alternative which gives way to exploitation by such corporate behemoths.
A while ago, people integrated art as part of their life style. Many people consider visiting museums and galleries as part of their hobby. While these hobbies still exist in some countries, most countries have seen a sharp decline in the number of young people interested in public galleries. In this essay, I will explain the possible cause and solution to solve this problem.
Technological advances have a profound impact on the way people work. With the advent of high-speed telecommunication and videoconferencing systems, employees can now work from the comfort of their homes rather than travelling to the office daily. This essay argues that a remote work option has not only eliminated the commute time and reduced employee work stress, but also increased the communication gap among the team members.
Certain countries house a large population of young people, which is often viewed as beneficial. This essay will illustrate the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having a young population through the examples of demographic dividend and how a traditional mentality can lead to overpopulation.
Almost every country in the world has one or more historical buildings, which are protected by the regulations of the law. While some people argue that these buildings should be demolished and replaced with new buildings for the growth of the nation, I believe that they should be maintained because they are not a hurdle in the path to economic growth. Rather they are a source of revenue and knowledge.
In recent years, science and technology have made a huge progress. Therefore, people have adopted different ways to communicate with each other, which has drastically changed the nature of the relationship between them. This development has its own pros and cons. In my opinion, these developments have their own benefits.
In the last 100 years, technology has advanced at an unprecedented rate. Although robots are already a part of our lives, experts predict that they will become even more prevalent in the coming years. This essay will outline some possible uses of robots in the future and explain why this development will be a positive one for humanity.
Most foods that are purchased these days in small stores and supermarkets have chemicals in them as these are used to improve production and ensure the food lasts for longer. However, there are concerns that these have harmful effects.  In my opinion, the potential dangers from this are greater than the benefits we receive.
Different seasons bring different experiences and one such experience is change in climate. For centuries people have been debating on which climate is better to live in, hot or cold? While a section of society prefers hot, there are many others who adore the cold weather. This essay will discuss why it living in cold conditions is much more fun when compared to living in hot climate.
Not so long ago, the idea of driverless cars was dismissed as fantasy; however, rapid progress has been made in automotive technology, largely due to the involvement of Google, and, furthermore, scientists are convinced that within the next decade motorized vehicles will be computerized. I am undecided whether this would be beneficial or not, and will, therefore, examine both pros and cons in this essay.
A good balance between life and career is very paramount to a healthy life. Most influential people are so caught up in trying to make a difference that they forget to actually live. I believe that people should strongly strive to achieve a healthy work-life balance and the reasons for my opinion will be discussed in the following paragraphs.
These days, the practice that a deterioration in the basic enjoyment of life in metropolises has been receiving much public attention in today's society. This trend poses several serious threats to many nations, and it must be addressed by a number of definite actions.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.