IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 6.5

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
In recent years, rules apply to children's behaviour to enhance their personality. While in some countries kids are surrounded by strict rules towards their behaviour, there are still some who are lenient. In this essay, I will discuss to what extent a child should be under the regulation.
Shopping is the best part which is cherished by females the most. As these days there is growing number of malls opening at a rapid pace which is very much lucrative to the customer's. On the other hand, small shops located in isolated places are suffering to the customers who prefer more going to malls. In my opinion, it's a positive development overall.
The culture of getting together at home, be it a lunch, dinner or breakfast is vanishing at a fast pace. It is barely evident that people belonging to a family brunch or dine together in this modern world. In my opinion, fast moving and self-centred busy lives of individuals, and minimal or no knowledge and emphasis on the importance of such get together practices are primary reasons for such fall outs which may result in serious issues such as no empathy or communication among the family members, obliteration of customs and associated problems.
An increasing number of contemporary families consist of parents who are both working, which leads to them spending very little time with their children. The prominent reasons for a rise in such a culture can be attributed to the advent of globalization and an increased cost of living.
In recent years, the number of students enrolling in the universities is on the rise. Some people believe that this growth has a positive effect on the society while others think that it may reduce the quality of education in the universities. In the following paragraphs, I will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a huge number of students at university.
Nowadays, the majority of youngsters are relocating in cities to study or pursue a lucrative career. While I admit that such trend does have many positives, it does has few negatives as well. Hence, this essay will elucidate the positive and negative aspects of it, and shall discuss the main reasons why this is happening.
It is irrefutable that people follow the latest fashion and choose their clothes as well as hair styles according to the modern fashion, in many nations in the would. However, this essay will discuss about the causes of this trend in the first paragraph and according to me it is a negative development.
Cultivating moral values in children is a daunting task for both mentors and parents. It is often argued by some that teachers are solely responsible for teaching good ethics to children because they spend the most part of their day at school. Meanwhile, others still claim that parents should shoulder this responsibility as children imbibe behaviour from parents. This essay will explore both sides of the argument before reaching a logical opinion.
Some would say international tourism is not beneficial for the host country. The reason would be a cultural difference, and the probable solution would be, to guide the visitor about the culture.
Although walking possesses significant beneficial impact on health, few people adopt this activity. The lack of time and laziness are the main reason of not doing this activity. This issue can be curbed by creating awareness among masses and rewarding them to motivate for such activities.
The world large cities are experiencing a dramatic surge of offensive crimes committed mainly by young people.I believe, that there are certain reasons behind that.The growing number of unemployment, lack of education and the availability of addictive drugs, all lie behind these gloomy figures.
It is widely argued that government should impose a strict law to prevent noise pollution becoming a means of disruption to other people. This essay will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a strict law against noise pollution.
Teachers play very phenomenal role in the present competitive academic system. And being impactful positively is a two-edge sword kind of an approach. Some people argue that these education instructors should be accommodating towards the students. Where as in the other's opinion, being tough and directive is the only way to be an effective educator. In my conviction, a teacher should be flexible by being able to understand the student's needs and come up with a custom approach suitable to the student's need.
Nowadays, the amount of crimes committed by young people are growing continuously all around the world. This essay will discuss the main reasons of this issue and then describe the possible solution of the problem.
It is a bitter truth that lots of people are suffering from the serious diseases like high blood pressure, obesity due to overweight. There are myriad reasons behind this deplorable condition. I will discuss some of them in the following paragraph and try to give some solution as well.
To begin with, solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world, and this is due to the fact that solar power it’s a renewable source and its usage is increasing steeply. Besides, we are trying to substitute the non-renewable energies all around the world in order to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions. In this essay, it will be presented the pros and the cons, and this is going to be analysed closely.
The internet is used by many people to find a solution to medical diseases. In my opinion, it is a positive development because it not only gives an alternative to physical exercise for serious problems but also helps in curing minor diseases.
Teenage is the most vulnerable age for not only the positive and but also the negative thoughts to incur. Recent criminal records from different countries show the rise in crime rate among teenagers. Teenagers with less guidance are easily dragged into these crimes.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.