IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 6.5

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
There has been a worrying trend that children watch an excessive amount of television and do not engage much in active or creative activities. This trend can be ascribed to a number of reasons and it must be addressed by definite actions.
The topic asks if the decreased number of school hours in developed countries have put a positive or negative impact?
The trend of purchasing items with a well-known label is a major topic of concern in today's society. This happens because people often associate a famous brand with quality, and sometimes because most of their peers are using the same products. As far as this is concerned, the positive aspects are more significant than the negative ones.
Many people consider human beings’ position at the top of the evolutionary chain as justification for the exploitation of animals. While animals are undoubtedly of great benefit to human survival, we should not take them for granted nor treat them cruelly as they have as much right to a “good life” as human beings, in my view.
Buyer preferences have changed in recent years as they have started shopping from malls instead of small local businesses; which has resulted in closure of these local establishments. In my opinion, this is a negative development due to its effects on local vendors as well as unknowing customers themselves.
The argument of whether to explore space by allocating massive amounts of funds from the state and private sector or not has a long history. Some people argue that the search in space should be low prioritised and should concentrate on other relevant fields. It is surely a better investment if the funds can be utilised in a positive manner to provide the required facilities to the public rather than using for space exploration.
The animal kingdom is one of the most important part of the ecosystem. We, humankind is completely dependent on all species living on the earth as our survival. Now extinction of some species is a common phenomenon due to the evolution, which has been occurring since the creation of life on earth. But in the recent years, this process has been accelerated due to various man-made reasons. But among those two of the main contributing factors are: Global warming and merciless killing.
Recently, it has been notable that free downloadable movies and songs are widely common; this trend has resulted in many consequences. I entirely concur that this free media has negatively affected individuals, and it has undesirable economic outcomes.
Many wild animals are on the edge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. This essay first explains how occupying lands for cultivation and excessive hunting for luxury products are the main causes and secondly, discusses how these issues can be tackled by higher authorities promoting strict rules on occupying the land for cultivation purposes and spreading awareness about these endangered species to the public.
Advances in the telecommunication industry have transformed the ways in which people communicate with each other. Nowadays, satellite television and the internet render ample opportunities to individual to become well known. This essay agrees that this trend is a positive advancement as it acts as a neutral platform for people to demonstrate their talent and also the performers can reach to millions of people at the touch of a button.
Each other of us had putted in arguments about children treatments or child minding in our family, definitely. Some of us believed that children should spend all of their free time with their families and some other believed opposite.
In today’s world, information technology plays an absolutely essential role in people life. There is no denying to the fact that the progression rate of IT development has been increased as a result, the majority of people are more likely to get a job done anywhere and anytime at the comfortable place by using IT. This essay will discuss the benefits of this outweigh the disadvantages.
Many successful legends like Steve Jobs, Ramanujan, and Vir Savarkar devoted their entire life to achieve their only goal. This does not mean that everyone should follow their path and ignore family completely. I strongly feel that everyone should maintain an optimum level of work-life balance in order to become successful in the field of career and family.
Some children are not allowed by their parents to watch TV during school days while some others are given the complete freedom to engage in TV watching provided that they have completed their school assignments. I strongly agree with the latter view.
In the modern world, we are living in a competitive society, which is every individual trying to reach life goals and dreams to become successful. Nowadays, parents are forcing their children to become successful. However, studies show there are many negative effects on the children who force to perform.
The government of every nation takes steps for continuous growth and development. Nowadays, people are debating on the topic of government priority. Some people believe that the topmost priority of government is to continue the growth of the economy. Whereas, another group of thinkers supports that the government should focus on the less fortunate or unfortunate condition. I would like to discuss both the views in the following paragraphs.
Now a day, it is seen that the number of individuals who are seeing the art galleries are decreasing. It has the number of causes and its solutions that I will explain this in the successive paragraphs.
In this modern era, it is often seen that common people who are fans of popular celebrities try to copy them when they watch these famous persons on TV or when they read newspaper articles about them.
Over the last few years, children are usually pressurized by their parents to excel mainly because of the insecurity they have about their career. I believe this is a negative trend as everyone has different interest and performance cannot be enhanced by pressure.
People have argued about how the government should utilise their budgets on transportation areas. Some people think that the government should spend more money on developing streets and highways, while others believe that improving public transportations is the most important one. The following essay will discuss in details about it, but I do believe that both aspects are important and should be proportionately improved.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.