IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 6.5

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
In recent years, particularly in rich countries, many children have been appearing with much fatness due to following an unhealthy food plan, lack of exercises and other health problems. In this essay, we will look at the causes and effects of obesity and how they have been affected by over-weight with some relevant examples.
Nowadays, the graph of offences raising gradually, most commonly it is increasing in the youth of our world within metro cities. There are several issues and measures regarding this topic which will be elaborated further with relevant examples.
It is certainly true that mealtime with family is disappearing. This essay will put forward some explanations for this trend and an analysis of the impacts.
Discoveries in today's world by scientists and explorers have opened gateways to a new world. The Internet is one of the key to connect the world which make people wanderers. Tourists make videos and publish them over the internet which urges more people to see it by themselves. Due to many developments and scientific equipments in unexplored areas like Amazon has become approachable.
As a matter of fact, that changing in the style of shopping has occupied a significant number of people’s interest and discussions. It is a reason for a considerable statics of issues. No one can deny that, travelling of people to large malls and centres needs a sincere effort and precise thinking of the owners of local shops, people, and the government, in order to face the drawbacks of such issue and find the appropriate solution for that negative improvement.
Never before have we experienced the substantial contributions of the Internet to our modern lives. In fact, since its emergence, human lives have been claimed to be much improved, particularly in both social and educational aspects. With a view to highlighting its significance in these two fields, some notable benefits are to be put under critical discussion.
In this face-paced world, obesity is considered as a cause which led to health problems. In my opinion, there are several reasons of this issue, and I will offer some solutions to tackle these problems.
It is true that young generation prefers to settle in big cities rather than living in their hometown. There are a variety of reasons to explain this problem, in my opinion, these are outweighed by the drawbacks of this trend.
The tourism industry is growing day by day. These days, tourists prefer to explore those places, which they have not experienced or seen before. In this essay, merits and demerits of visiting such places will be discussed.
The communications between the diverse countries are more convenient than before.The globalization makes it easier for travellers to brand their eyes on other countries.However, due to the misunderstanding of exotic cultures, many visitors have a bias on the foreign countries they have visited.Then I will develop my views on why the prejudice make and how to improve the respect on exotic cultures.
It is often debated how much freedom children should have. Although some people believe that the activities of children should be monitored closely by parents, others oppose this viewpoint. I, however, believe that parental supervision is only necessary until they are mature.
Nowadays, it is a common fact that many people don't eat their meals with their families. There could be several reasons for this trend and some influences.
The world globalization continues be one of the most important processes during our times. Countries have been tighted together more and this trend leads to the Importance of International news. Personally, I believe that Global news should be taught in secondary school, because this subject would represent the whole world to children from different prospectives and it would develop children's critical thinking.
It is now a known fact that buying things is the new addiction of our century. Some people, in fact, take tons of credits from the bank to buy anything they want, whether it's a need or not, until they find themselves in debt. I will be explaining why this behaviour occurs in the first place and suggesting an advice with the following paragraphs.
As is known, these days, most of the couples decide to have babies at later ages than in the past. It has been utterly debated that having children at over 25, 26 and later can lead to some problems. As far as I am concerned, this tendency brings about more upsides than downsides.
Zoos continue to be controversial, even now that they have evolved into ‘animal parks’ or similar facilities. Most people love animals, and there are strong views on both sides, which I will discuss now.
Nowadays, it is a common aspiration that people prefer to start their own business rather than work for a company or an organization. Personally speaking, I would say this tendency has both benefits and drawbacks, but I believe the advantages of running a company outweigh the disadvantages.
In the modern era, globalization has become an essential part of everyday life. It is often said by some that learning another language is only because of travelling or working, however, others claim that there are more reasons why people ought to learn a second language. In this essay, I will examine both sides of the argument and express my support for the latter view.
In recent years, rules apply to children's behaviour to enhance their personality. While in some countries kids are surrounded by strict rules towards their behaviour, there are still some who are lenient. In this essay, I will discuss to what extent a child should be under the regulation.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.