IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 6.5

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
Teenage is the most vulnerable age for not only the positive and but also the negative thoughts to incur. Recent criminal records from different countries show the rise in crime rate among teenagers. Teenagers with less guidance are easily dragged into these crimes.
Nations worldwide are dealing with the increasing issue of obesity, which is a cause for concern among all age groups. One main cause of this issue is the over-consumption of fast food and convenience foods. A possible solution would be a government tax on these foods with lower costs for fresh produce.
There is a wide range of products that are available in the shopping malls. Customers have flocked to a big stores to buy goods and materials. In this essay, I would explain why this a positive development.
Some people like to plan activities, even for free time, whereas some others has opposing idea. In my opinion, free time should not plan and it is better people feel free and relax during leisure time and do whatever they want. This essay will argue two opposing ideas, plus my experience.
In today’s world, it is evident that the use of computer systems and modern methods of communication are having a huge impact on our livelihood. Everything we do is influenced by new innovations. The essay would analyse whether the advantages of the revolution in computer systems and telecommunications outweigh its drawbacks and to what extent if true.
The norm of dining together with relatives is becoming extinct. This essay would first discuss the reasons and the implications of the extinction of family coming together to dine.
In the modern century, families decide to give birth to children later in life after having settled down. in this essay will highlight what are the reasons behind this situation and the effects this has on the families and societies.
Good mental health helps everyone to enjoy life and cope with problems. While some prefer to do many activities in their leisure time for relaxing mind. However, there are others who like to take a rest during their free time, in order to give a rest for the mind and the whole body. The following lines discuss both these aspects and arrives at its own conclusion.
Energy, the world’s largest industry, is undergoing a massive shift, and it does not seem to be slowing down. Humans are shifting the way fuelling the evolution, from a contaminating fossil fuel system to a clean renewable one. This shift looks promising in the long-term development, however, has many challenges in next decades.
In present-day society, although immense reformations in health care have occurred, the physical standard health amount is being subsided in a great number of thriving nations. In this essay, I would like to identify the causes of this circumstance and propose some corresponding solutions as well.
Over a period of time, advertisement has become the most popular strategy for marketing and promoting the products or services. It has brought significant change in the pattern of expenditure and consumption in the society. Some people support the idea of advertising a product, whereas others think that it brings a negative impact on the society. I will discuss both the views in my essay.
Art galleries, in most of the countries, have become less crowded these days. There are multiple reasons for this, including lack of interest in people and busy lifestyle. This problem can be resolved by understanding the issue and furnishing the galleries in a more attractive way.
Nowadays, a rate of the majority main cities around the world increases dramatically because of the huge population. This has caused a significant reduction in the quality of life in urban areas. For example, the environment becomes over-populated, and many pollutions have occurred. The following will illustrate the factors of over-populated and how can it be solved.
Over the years, with the development of new technologies, many people are not concerned about the wastage of food. Despite knowing that wasting the food is consuming the resources more, people tend to throw the food without even considering the future impacts. In this essay, the reasons for throwing the food and solutions for this are explained in the following paragraphs.
The responsibility to look after the well-being is debatable. Some believe that the society should take care their own health, while others say that it is the authority's job to do so. This essay will discuss both views in details.
It is believed by many that to sharpen the health of the population, the government should increase the number of sports facilities, whereas others hold the opinion that it is not forecast to have good effects on public health and to solve this phenomenon are required other means.
The access to reach a good well-being is debatable. Some support to open more sport centres, while some people believe that other measurements can greatly impact towards the body health. This essay will discuss both views in details and will provide the associate examples.
A particular section of individuals believes that the primary issue associated with the education system of developing nations is the methods of teaching, whereas others opine that shortage of teaching resources is the main concern. In the following paragraphs, I will discuss both the perspectives.
Youth currently prefers to observe lots of entertainment programs than kids in the past, due to which it is affecting their routine activities. In my opinion, I believe that, lack of social movement is the main reason why children today are addicted to television. This essay will discuss about my ideas to improve daily fitness among young kids.
In the modern world, we all face a lot of problems be it in relation to the work life or in the sphere of personal life. There are numerous problems that we all are facing and the biggest problem that everyone is struggling with is staying fit. The problem is taking its toll on everyone and with the passage of time the level of fitness is decreasing. The essay will deal with the cause and the steps one can take in order to achieve the level of fitness which has been jeopardizing the health of an individual.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.