IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 7

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
One of the most conspicuous trends of today’s world is a colossal upsurge in the number of people believing that poverty is a pivotal issue globally. There is a wide range of factors accounting for this. On the bright side, the problem can be remedied, provided that some effective measures are taken.
Obesity is an epidemic that threatens the existence of mankind. In developed nations, the number of children falling prey to fatness is rising every day. This essay will discuss the causes of chubbiness among children and its effects.
It is irrefutable that health plays a crucial role for mankind. Without good health conditions a person cannot do anything. One section of society holds this notion that it is the human's responsibility to maintain their health, but others think that it is the duty of government to take care of everyone's body system. This essay delves into both perspectives.
Many changes have occurred in the last 30 years in the retail business. These changes are not only limited to the types or the prices of products, but it also covers the types of facilities that provide the service.
Since the turn of the 21st century, the issue of the people does not feel in good healthy and active as they used to do have become a highly noticeable condition, triggering healthy problems and declining quality of lives. Therefore, potential problems of this situation will be discussed and some solutions of how they could achieve this will be offered in this essay.
It is believed by some people that children are ought to always stay with their families when they have free time. However, others argue that this habit has a detrimental effect. Although each argument has its own advantages, I believe that it is unnecessary for children to spend all their free time with their families and that they should be given freedom to have fun in safe environments with their peers.
Science has improved dramatically through the years. New ways of learning have been developed as well. Most people argue that formal pen and paper examinations are not a good way to evaluate someone's educational success. I have to admit that in my opinion, there are better ways to assess someone's performance.
It becomes a very common trend for young adults to move to urban areas to be admitted to well renowned universities and to look for better working opportunities. This essay will discuss its causes and the benefits and demerits of this development. Personally, I believe that its negative sides supersedes the advantages.
In today's world, where money matters a lot, it is quite common for both parents to work. Sometimes this is due to their family condition, they need two salaries to survive. There is nothing wrong if both parents are working, but there are some problems that arise because of that. This essay will discuss such problems and their effects on their family.
It has been observed that married couples in some countries prefer to have children at an older age these days as compared to the past. The main cause of this trend is delayed marriages to achieve stability in life. In my opinion, having children at later stages is disadvantaged due to an increased propensity to newborn abnormalities born to older mothers and less energetic parents to take care of the youngsters, and these outweigh the basic benefit of stability in the life
Technology has become an important part and parcel of our lives these days. There is almost nothing that is not being touched by it. It has widely changed our way of living. Apart from many advantages, it definitely has some disadvantages. But its benefits has outweighed the disadvantages.
In Europe, there were few countries where kids receive real time skills by attending to schools around an age of 11 or 13 in order to help them in getting a new job. However, other's opt for schooling with routine academic education. Schools must certainly follow proper path in this regard. In this essay I will discuss the necessary steps that are needed to be initiated by the schools in order to make the brighter students, in terms of educational and cognitive skills. I will also provide the reasons for the same. Also, I will include realistic instances from my own life.
It is true that young people graduate from high school without leaning how to manage their personal finances. There are several reasons for this problem and various measures can be taken by educational institutions and family to improve the situation.
It is undeniable that the vast majority of artists generate more money than officials who work in the political sectors. This essay will discuss why this happens and how will it have a positive impact on people around the globe.
It is argued that young people graduate from high school without the method for how to manage their personal money management. There are several reasons for this problem and various measures can be taken by the education and family to improve the situation.
Everyone needs to work to survive in a society. However, the motivation to do so can be different for each individual. While some work for earning money and affording stuffs, others rank passion higher than the monetary aspect of a job. I personally feel job satisfaction is more significant than a person's salary package and this essay will further discuss this statement.
There are several unique methods undertaken by countries round the world to deal with the poverty issues and the poor people. While, absence of the better education and equal job opportunities could be some of the potential reasons for poverty. Whilst, providing the best education to everyone along with applicable law giving equal opportunities could be some of the potential alternatives to curb the poverty worldwide.
It is irrefutable that obesity is one of the major issues faced among all age groups across the globe these days. The number of individuals affected by it has dramatically increased since last two decades. This essay will discuss various reasons behind increasing such cases and will propose various measures to ameliorate the situation.
The recent advances in technology are unmatched compared to prior times, the technological developments have become more vigorous and nevertheless it had made our life much easier than it was before, hence children at a much younger age than their parents are using this technology, involving using tablets and computers. I am a profound believer that such practice could affect children horrendously though, and it should be limited.
Of late, more and more customers are moving to large shopping centres and malls rather than the small local shops, and this has forced these shops to close. In my opinion, this is a negative development which can make people lose their jobs and also it may affect the tourism.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.