IELTS Discussion Writing Samples Band 7.5

Get a band score and detailed report instantly. Check your IELTS essays right now!
Currently, including wealthy nations, several countries have been daunted by overweight issues. Although, plenty of causes are responsible for such problems; however, sedentary lifestyle is the key factor. So, eating the rainbow is the best approach towards demolishing the obesity.
It is often said that admitting children in boarding schools is an excellent option; however, some people are against this opinion due to various reasons. This essay will discuss the opposing views and give a conclusive opinion.
In recent years, many young individuals prefer to live and work in urban areas than rural. Although this might come with a number of drawbacks, I believe it brings about more advantages to the society compared to any problems it might bring.
Over the last few years, people tend to do their daily shopping in larger markets or malls. Despite the fact that this trend may have caused the closing if small local shops, I believe it outwardly has got a massive benefit to the consumers. In this essay, I will touch upon the positive impacts of this advancement.
A visible change due to the advancement of technology to the human civilization is the Internet. It has revolutionized our way of living. In this essay, I will discuss how this technology has a positive impact on our daily life and also I will outline few negative aspect as well.
Research shows that most of ex-prisoners would re-offend after being released back to the society. In this essay, I will highlight some causes behind this phenomenon and suggest several measures to tackle this issue.
TODAY'S WORLD IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE ADVANCED DUE TO THE TECHNOLOGY UPGRADE. HENCE, PLETHORA OF FOLKS CHOOSE TO HAVE ONLINE CLASSES RATHER THAN ATTANDING TRADITIONAL SCHOOL. THIS ESSAY WILL BELIEVE THAT THE E- LEARNIG HAS IT'S BOTH ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES. FISRTLY, THIS ESSSAY WILL DISCUSS IT'S MAJOR ADVANTAGE AND SECONDLY, WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE LEARNING INSTEAD OF TRADITIONAL SCHOOL.
Nowadays, countries around the world are using solar energy as the source of electricity for domestic purposes and it is gaining popularity worldwide. This is because it costs less in the long run, as it is abundantly available from the sun. The main advantages are low cost of maintenance and pollution free, whereas the disadvantages are high cost of installation and not suited for regions with least amount of sunlight.
The educational techniques have changed during the last decade, resulting in moving into online education rather than traditional in-class learning. I believe that the shift from traditional to modern education has more advantages because it is more accessible and convenient.
It is clear that all parents want their children to lead a better life than they did. Some parents accomplish it by giving them useful advice or directing them to the fields that their children are interested in. However, these days, most parents put pressure on their children to be successful without considering their interests. I believe that there are some reasons for that and it can have a negative impact on children since they are obliged to choose a career against their wish.
Obesity is one of the fastest growing health problems in recent years. This is causing serious concerns in our society and stemming this crisis has become necessary. The primary reason for people gaining weight is unhealthy foods and a government should tax these items to discourage people from purchasing it.
Nations worldwide are dealing with the increasing issue of obesity, which is a cause for concern of all age groups. One main cause of this issue is the over-consumption of fast food and convenience foods. A possible solution would be a government tax on these foods with lower costs for fresh produce.
Due to the technological advances in communication platforms and convenience of transportation around the world, people nowadays find it easy to work in foreign countries or as offshore employees. In my opinion, this trend has brought more drawbacks to individuals and countries than its benefits. This essay will discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of such development before reaching a conclusion.
It is considered by some sections of society, the new trend is adopted by a certain number of individuals namely outfits, haircuts and many more. There are so many factors that encourage the people to follow it, which is a boon for them.
Today, thanks to new technologies being used in public areas like cameras, the rate of different types of offences have been decreased phenomenally and many people welcome this monitoring system for enhancing public safety. Some individuals, on the other hand, believe that the use of cameras in public places has caused citizens’ privacy to be intruded more than before. However, in my view, these devices should be continued to be used in public areas, and their benefits outweigh their probable disadvantages.
Advertisement is one of the key factors to sell a product from many decades. The power of advertisement can never be ignored, however, its effects are debatable. The positive and negative effects of advertisement on its viewers are discussed below.
In this era, knowledge about natural habitats is sadly not widely known. The reasons for this may be numerous; however, there are a few main causes for which solutions can be suggested.
In the modern world, people are not willing to visit the art galleries. The reasons for this are advanced technologies, hard work and a decrease in people's interest in art. However, some people believe that artists must be creative in order to attract tourists. Personally, I believe that the government support such as funding, advertising the artworks through the media and subsidising the artists can alleviate the problem.
Art has contributed immensely to enrich the cultures around the world. However, during the recent past, in some countries, people have lost their interest in visiting museums and art galleries. There are many reasons behind this trend, and there are countermeasures which could take in order to increase the interest in citizens toward art.
🚀 Prepare for IELTS writing section today!
  • Unlimited Task 1 checks
    Get all the feedback you need to keep improving your charts and letters.
  • Unlimited Task 2 checks
    Practice and perfect your skills with essays.
  • Personalized suggestions
    Know how to boost your score.
  • Detailed mistakes analysis
    Get instant feedback. Spot every mistake.
  • Topic ideas generator
    Get topic-specific ideas to enhance your writing.
  • Vocabulary helper
    Get the right words for any topic.
  • Progress tracking
    Track your writing improvements.